Monday, November 9, 2009

[NASCAR-Group] Re: A change I would like to see happen .......

 

Thank's!

The scenerio about the injured football player sounds like the player's "Team" helping him off the field.
Now imagine both teams playing ( Owned by the same person ), and when a player is down ....the opposing team helping him off the field. Then that "Runningback" is replaced by the opposing teams "extra" runningback ( gotta change jersey's of course ).
It just isn't right.

Oh yes I miss the nascar of the 70's and early 80's . I guess I really don't have anything against "multi-car" owners , just draw a line....keep them seperated.

Remember way back when.......

When teams only were allowed so many sets of tires?
And when someone got knocked out "EVERYONE" tried to get to them first to try and "aquire" those extra set's of tires that they would no longer need? well..... deep down I really didn't care for that either.
The drivers knew how to "save" thier tires , brakes , fuel and so-on.
They came to the race that week-end with "ONE" car ........ and you best not mess it up !!!
Nowday's they don't have to save thier tires - there's plenty to buy at the track....... same for fuel. and Darn-it , you wrecked the car on practice ???? that's ok.....we'll just unload the "BACK-UP" car.

Oh to be a Multi-Billionaire and start a completely new race association.
try to return it to old racing ( fantasy thinking again )!!!
1st call ,
To Winston !! bring back the Winston Cup ! Lol

bring back the cars of yesterday , not the damn C.O.T. (car of TODAY )

I could fantisize about this for hours...but I gotta go.

thank's for chatting!

hows about putting the brickyard in the chase !! hehe
be nice to see two races a year here in indy ( besides the indy 500 )

Bye

--- In NASCAR-Group@yahoogroups.com, A. Jones <ajones@...> wrote:
>
>
> It's a difficult topic for sure. I think my position is one entry per
> owner. Can you imagine one person, or entity, owning more than one pro
> football team. Antitrust? Team orders happens in NHRA and I'm sure in
> NASCAR as well.
>
>
> DISCUSS THIS TOPIC AT...
> http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NASCAR-Group
>
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:23:41 -0800 (PST), Michael Rush
> <...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >I understand to a large degree the point brick was making, and I wish to add a little color to that please.. humbly.
> >
> >No sport shares information with competitors. I agree with your old school mentality of team mates and all.. however this: Is your team mate your competitor? Yeah, he is.. but also works for the same man, sharing the same goal, my crew first, my team mates second.. in football, does not a team mate from the same team block for you when you have the ball? Moreover, when that player is taken down and needs help off the field, will not a team mate help if he can?
> >
> >Sterling Marlin and Darrell Waltrip both worked for Junior Johnson. Both of them were emphatic about one thing where Junior was concerned, he absolutely poo pooed the notion of team mates sharing information, and he abhorred the notion of them 'being friendly' on the track. However, he also threatened to fire Geoff Bodine one time for pushing Rusty Wallace to a win over Sterling Marlin. He did not allow the concept sharing to infuse his garages, simply because he believed that competition between his teams gave way to innovation and development. Sadly, Nascar has removed from the hands of the crew chiefs and owners this ability. Knauss is definitely the top in the sport when it comes to any innovation. They know something Brick, that if you look at it.. they ain't sharing with Jeff, Mark, or Junior. When one wrecks, and he's in line to win a championship, I'd drag Helton himself off his ass if I had to. I also believe whole heartedly that if Mark had
> > wrecked or had issues, his crew would have pulled away promptly and got to their man.
> >
> >Brick, I share many of the views you listed in your 'newbie' post, ones that I have espoused for a long time. In this case, in principale, I also agree, however, I don't necessarily poo the idea of certain members of other 'team mates' crews coming to my team's aid when it's like this. Like it or not, Jimmie has the right to try and win his fourth in a row, something that I myself abhor, simply because enough is enough. However, I can't allow myself to get into one driver deserving more than another, and I am certainly not insinuating that you do.
> >
> >Nice read by the way..
> >
> >moi
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >________________________________
> >From: A. Jones <ajones@...>
> >To: NASCAR-Group@yahoogroups.com
> >Sent: Sun, November 8, 2009 7:47:21 PM
> >Subject: Re: [NASCAR-Group] A change I would like to see happen .......
> >
> >
> >
> >They should wreck more than one Hendrick team so they'll be too busy
> >helping themselves instead of each other. LOL
> >
> >On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:30:37 -0000, "brickyardnut"
> ><...@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> One thing that kind-of bothers me.
> >>
> >>When a driver "Has" or is "Involved in" a wreck , I believe that only that team should be allowed to work on that car.
> >>I do miss the racing of day's past..... When there wasn't such a thing as "Team mates". You work on a crew.... and that is the team you work for , no swapping members among crews .
> >>This is not against the 48 team......this is for every team!
> >>But a good example is the number of people working on the 48 car after the wreck today. There were a mess of people in there from #24 , #88 and #5 along with the #48 team . I just think that would make it tougher on the team ( more of a challenge ).
> >>Like I said "I miss the single team day's" , You had friends..... but no team-mates.
> >>Every man for himself. Why help the competition beat you???
> >>Even though they were all "Hendricks teams" they should be divided when it comes racetime.
> >>"SHARING INFO"????? Forget you!!! that's thier edge......only the Owner should know it all ! They aren't the Three Musketeers
> >>It's not...
> >>All for one , One for all !
> >>
> >>What other sport swaps info with the competition? ?
> >>Or sends trainers to the other team to help rehabilitate an injured player??
> >>
> >>
> >>I can't think of any.
> >>sharing inside info is Illegal in stock trading and goverment contracts and such.
> >>
> >>Wonder how much more competitive this sport would be if it was kept to themselves ?? Hmmmm
> >>
> >>
> >>Good Night....... .see-ya next week for the race !
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment